Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Memorial Day in Monterey






We are so lucky to live so close to so many cool places.  We decided to take our first adventure to Monterey/Carmel for Memorial Day weekend.  It is about 3 hours from our house and the boys all did amazing in the car on the way there and home.  We met my mom and dad there and my Dad and Steve golfed ( I think it was Spyglass they golfed at).  It was a really cold weekend down there, so I was really bummed we didn't get to go to the beach, but we did go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, did the 17 mile drive in Pebble beach, cruised the shops in Carmel and ate at some fun places.  I am glad my mom was there to help.  We have the most fun with her when we are away from home and she can actually relax a little.  It was a little crazy with 3 kids in one hotel room, but all in all we had a good time.  

1 comment:

Kari said...

I love the Monterey Bay Aquarium! We haven't been there since I was prego with Kali so it is about time we plan a trip to go again. My kids would love it now I'm sure! Looks like you guys had a good time and I can't believe how big little Grey is getting! Your boys are so cute!

We honeymooned in Carmel and haven't been back since. I would love to go back there someday. It really is a fun little town not to mention gorgeous on the coast!