Tuesday, June 30, 2009

All banged up!

Last weekend we took a quick trip to see some old friends up in Reno.  On our way up there we were in a car accident.  All I can say is that the Lord was watching over our family.  We all walked away totally safe.  While we were driving on a part of the freeway that is under construction, the car next to us blew a tire at 80 mph.  He lost control of his car and came into our lane.  Steve tried his best to avoid him, but due to the construction, there were concrete barriers and no where to go.  We clipped the back of his car and he spun around and hit us head on.  All of this was around a blind turn with semis behind us.  We were not hurt.  The impact seemed minimal.  No one hit us from behind and the boys hardly knew what happened because they were watching a movie when it all happened.  I shook so hard I couldn't even hold the phone to talk to 911.  Steve has this amazing ability to become so calm in stressful situations.  He reminded me that our boys needed me to be strong and calm because they would follow my lead.  He reminded me it was just a car and that above all, we were all safe.  It is amazing how we are protected by the Lords' watchful eye.  I am grateful for our safety.  This could have easily been one of those accidents that turned gruesome.  
The front end damage.  Not bad considering the speed.
The side we clipped him with.
The boys.  Scared and bored.  Landon cried, but I think more because he was afraid he might not get to see his friends.
The other car.  You can't see the damage, but I had to at least snap a picture.

The officer directing traffic away, so the other car could be towed.

No comments: