Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Grey turns 1










We were in Arizona for Grey's first birthday this year. Because we had amazing weather, we took him to the park and had a little party. I wasn't organized and didn't do invitations really, but because we have so many great friends, at the mention of a party for him, they came. I had a balloon lady come and do balloons for an hour, but other than that, the kids just ran around and we visited with a couple of families that we don't get to see very often. The kids all had fun. Grey did what he does best, and toddled around after his daddy and just had a great time. I made fun little cake balls and ordered a few pizzas. Pretty easy on me and I know that Grey was in heaven with all the balloons.
Some of the things about Grey at 1:
His eyes are blue.
Still takes 2 naps (about 2 hours each).
Loves all kinds of baby food still.
Likes cheese quesadillas, berries, bananas, pasta, mac and cheese, eggo waffles, pancakes, apple cinnamon cheerios.
Loves balls of any sort.
Loves to hit balls with any sort of bat-like object.
Loves balloons and can throw them in the air and then hit them back up in the air with the back of his hand (very coordinated).
Loves to kick balls.
Loves to be anywhere his brothers are.
Likes to be outside, especially if there are balls out there.
Doesn't care for swings.
Doesn't like any meat.
Doesn't need to be right beside me and often times I have to hunt him down.
Loves to snuggle on our bed after he wakes up.
Loves music and does a great bounce and arm wave to the beat.
Still goes to bed around 8pm (which is late for my kids).
Had 8 teeth (4 top, 4 bottom)
Loves dogs (he followed them constantly at my moms house)
Loves to shower with his brothers.
Still has very sensitive skin (still using dreft).
Sleeps through the night (just barely! since I finally stopped getting up with him)
He is a happy go-lucky kid and we are so grateful to have him in our family!


No comments: