Friday, December 5, 2008

Love/Hate

Ok, so I am working around the house all week, and all I can think is that I really hate to work around the house.  Folding laundry, paying bills, organizing papers, organizing toys, changing sheets, etc, etc.... Then, as I think to myself, "self, you complain way to much!", I start to think that I love a lot of things, too.

I love a clean house, I just hate to clean it.
I love newly vacuumed carpets, I just hate to vacuum.
I love the smell of clean laundry, I just hate to wash and fold it.
I love a freshly pressed shirt, I just hate to iron.
I love to cook a good meal, I just hate the clean up part.
I love when my husband is home, I just hate when he travels.
I love hanging out and doing fun stuff with my kids, I just hate when they are naughty.
I love to be organized, I just hate putting stuff away constantly.
I love being pregnant, I just hate getting fat.
I love that I have a diaper free home, I just hate stopping at every place to go potty.
I love how I feel with makeup on, I just hate to take the time.
I love to have my hair done, I just hate to spend the money...

So, one subject that all I can think of is things I love is...

CHRISTMAS.  I love everything about it.  I love to give to others.  I love to have my decorations up.  I love planning and shopping for gifts for my hubby and kids.  I love to bake Christmas goodies.  I love Christmas music.  I love holiday movies.  I love that my hubby gets another short vacation with us.  I love being reminded every day that this time of year is all about our Savior and His amazing birth.  

So, this one month, I am going to try and not be overwhelmed with my cleaning and daily duties and focus on all I love about this time of year!

Here is a couple of pictures of our tree and my first nativity set.  Thanks mom for knowing I love Willow Tree! (and for buying me stuff when you think I am mad at you since someone had the nerve to read her the blog entry on family.  Glad they can't see it anymore!)


No comments: