Thursday, October 8, 2009

I heart Landon

Today, I realized that my first born will be turning 6 in just two short weeks. I am having a little moment here thinking of all the memories I have made with this little man. As I helped him get his shirt on for school today, he looked at me and said, "This smells like Greyson." He is so his mothers child. His undershirt was one that had ended up in a load of Greys' laundry and was washed with Dreft, instead of Tide. He noticed. He smells everything, just like his mother. He has changed. He had grown up 5 years in the last month since school started. I love this boy. I love that he is so stubborn and in the very same moment he is the most gentle and kind child you could ever meet. Tears. Why tears? I butt heads with this child more than I care to. I love him, but he is strong willed. I wish I could make him understand how much I love him. He will understand someday. Today was a great day with him. I miss him when he is at school. I am not ready for him to be 6 or 7 or 8. I wish I could freeze time. I wish I could hold him like I hold Grey. I wish I could remember better what it was like just he and I. I love you little man.










2 comments:

amber said...

I heart Landon too.

Kari said...

He is such a sweet kid. It's sad how we forget so quickly what it was like to just have the only child. Something about that first boy!

I enjoyed catching up on all your posts! We need to get together sometime!!