Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Always a Good Reminder

So today, I was at the Fountains having lunch with a friend. We took the kids over to the playground for a few minutes. I had Co and Grey, the stroller, my purse but apparently not my brain. I left my diaper bag sitting on the bench. I realized it when I got to the car and headed back to grab my bag. It was gone. This is the first time in a really long time that something of mine has been stolen. I forget how violated it makes you feel. It is a great reminder that I need to pay more attention. Not just to my belongings, but to my kids. You just never know when someone is lurking. I noticed the woman that they saw do it, but just am not a suspicious person. So, farewell to my super cute diaper bag. Hello to a new found sense of awareness! The holidays are nearing, it is a tough economy. She must have needed it or the money way more than I did. I hope it gets her children food, or a Christmas gift. I hope I can be less scatter-brained! Always a good reminder!


2 comments:

Steph Weaver said...

What a bummer! I remember getting my wallet stolen out of my bag a few years ago...I was leaving to go out of town the next day and no longer had an ID!! What a pain and I couldn't get over the violation for a LONG time! That was a cute bag too!

Kari said...

Oh man that stinks! Bummer! What a great attitude you have though!