Tuesday, March 17, 2009

First Snow Trip

We took the kids for their first official snow trip a few weeks ago.  I have to say that this spur of the moment trip could have been one of the top 3 vacations we have ever taken as a family.  The boys had SOOOOOO much fun.  They played from the second we got out of the car and cried when we left.  We packed into two and a half days, playing in the snow, dinner out, playing video games, a buffet of desserts, fun adult games, a gondola ride, ice skating, smores by the fire, tubing, playing in the snow some more, Steve snow boarding, mom shopping, lots of hot cocoa, and some of the best family fun ever.  I never heard a single complaint of being cold, or about having to get dressed in all those clothes. I have never seen two braver or funnier boys tubing.  What a blast.  Thanks to our friends for the invite!!!  Who knew so much fun was just a little over an hour away.  (Sorry about the millions of pictures.  One day I will have someone show me how to do one of those cute little collages.)


7 of us hooked tubes to ride down.  The boys thought it was so fun.  We got going super fast with all that weight pulling us down.  
I went down a few times, but was mostly the photographer.  I couldn't zip or button my jacket around my belly, but it was a beautiful day.
Nice double chin mom!  Good thing I can blame it on being weeks from delivery! And check out the outfits on the boys.  Totally my husband, but aren't they cute in their matching black/green outfits?
Ok, I just couldn't get enough of Cohen in his tube.  He LOVED tubing.  He never hesitated to go down and the second ride he wanted to go "all by myself".  He could have sat in the tube indian style, but he liked riding like this.  I laughed out loud every time I saw him get in.  TOO cute!

Landon fit better, but still pretty funny seeing them slip down in.

Throwing snow at daddy who was on break for lunch.  He hasn't gotten to snow board in a while and it was awesome that he got this chance.  I wish we could do it more.  He really loves it.  I actually was really missing being on the slopes.  I just feel so comfortable in the snow.  Brings back some of the best childhood memories I have.
Cohen couldn't ice skate, but all 6'5" of Steve, stooped over him and skated him around the rink.  Unlimited fun for $5.  How do you beat that?
Landon was determined to actually learn to skate.  He fell a million times, and I swear his bum was black and blue, but he was having so much fun. 
You can see Landon's black eye really well in this picture.  He got it the weekend I went to Wicked.  He nearly poked his eye out on a book holder.  This is a week later.  It was a doozy!
Happy Boy!
Happy Boys!
Super happy boy!
On the gondola ride up the hill to have lunch.

I think this was almost better than Disneyland, Hawaii, the beach, or anywhere else we have taken these kids.  






1 comment:

Kari said...

WOW!! that looks like tons of fun!! Where is that? Northshore? We are going to have to go check it out sometime....maybe next year. I think my kids would love it!