Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Baby Mama Drama

I wasn't going to do all these posts tonight, but now that I have sat down in front of the computer, I need to do something other than think about my baby mama drama.  I tried going to RS, but it didn't take my mind off it much.  So here is the latest on our baby to be.  
I had a Dr.'s appointment this morning.  It didn't go so well, to say the least.  Well, lets just start at the beginning.  When I went to the Dr. 2 weeks ago, I mentioned that I didn't think the baby felt head down.  He feels, he says he is.  The last 2 weeks, still not feeling head down. Today, have strep B test, Dr. doesn't want to do an exam.  So here is how the dialogue went, more or less. 
Me: "let's do one anyway".  Dr: "you are not dilating or thinning, I can't confirm baby is head down".  Me: "Duh!"  Dr.: "Let's do a quick ultrasound...  Oh, the baby's head is definately not down".  Me (crying): "Duh!" Dr:. "Let's wait until the baby is way too big and try and turn in a week and a half" Me: "Seriously?" Dr.: "Yes, seriously.  Then, if we can turn him, then lets wait another week and a half and see if he can get so big we have to do a c-section anyway." Me (still crying): "Seriously?"  Dr.: "Yep" Me: "See ya, I'm going back to AZ to get some serious Dr. care from the best Dr. in the whole wide world."
While this may not be an exact dialogue of how the conversation went today, it is more or less accurate.  The Dr. here doesn't want to try to turn the baby for another week and a half, and he wants me if it is successful to try to go into labor on m own.  If not he will induce at 39.5 weeks. I told him m concerns and he and I just don't see eye to eye.  I did call my favorite Dr. in AZ after I left the Dr.'s office today and I am seriously leaving tomorrow night and going to deliver there.  I just feel so much more comfortable there and I just feel like things are working out for a reason.  Don't get me wrong, I am a TOTAL basket case, but I think this is going to bring me the most peace in the end.  So, hopefully the next post will be of a successful "version" (I think that's what it is called when you turn the baby) this Friday or Saturday and that I will have a happy healthy, non c-sectioned baby.  Until then, keep us in your prayers!

1 comment:

Steph Weaver said...

This happened to me with Blake...GO STAND ON YOUR HEAD, then go in the hot tub...this is what Dr. Pablo told me to do and it WORKED! He flipped that night and the next day I delivered. On another note, I didn't have a choice with Ellie and delivered C-Section...and I liked it better. I didn't mind any of it and the recovery for me was easier than the other. So, good luck and keep me posted. If you deliver here let me know so I can come meet the little one. I know it sounds bad, but I told Liz this when she delivered and she hasn't minded the c-section either.