Saturday, February 21, 2009

Pregnancy Details and catching up on the week

I was so good about taking notes during my first pregnancy.  I had pictures of my belly every month, Dr.'s comments, weight gain, how I felt, when I felt the baby move, the whole nine yards.  With Cohen, I remember 2 things: 1. I only gains 25 lbs. (compared to the 43 with Landon) and 2. I only had one real day of nausea.  Other than that, I vaguely remember having pain in my leg, having a hard time sleeping, and feeling him move really early.  So, some things I want to remember about this pregnancy are...
1. I didn't show for a very long time (I really thought I was going to stay small like I did with Co)
2. When I started to show, I REALLY popped out fast.
3. I was actually very nauseous for the first time until week 15.
4. I have big growing pains in my belly from getting big, so fast
5. I have a separated pelvis (super painful).
6. I gained most of my weight in only 2 months (whoa!! 27 lbs to date, I don't care about telling people as you can see.)
7. I am starting the leg pain thing I remember with Cohen
8. I definitely can't sleep.
9. I feel like I can't get any bigger and I have 6-8 wks to go
10. I am starting to show in my face (yuck! I didn't do that with Co, but did with Landon)
11. I have had the weirdest sensitivity to food coloring this pregnancy.  Nothing tastes right, it all tastes like food dye. (pop, gatorade, icing, candy)

So the rest of the week:
1. Steve had his tonsils out on Wednesday (he is doing way better than I thought he would, but he is still feeling crummy)
2. Landon started T-ball (he is so excited, but man it is an investment to start a new sport...)
3. We had a basketball game (Landon made 3 or 4 baskets, his defense is getting really good and he quit giving us the "did you get a load of that" look when he makes a basket.)
4. Cohen is still loving school and now they love "lunch bunch" because they get to go together and play on the playground together
5. Cohen had his first accident in his bed since starting potty training, because he was crying for me and I didn't hear him and he still won't get out of bed unless I say it's OK (so cute!)
6. The boys are LOVING having daddy home and between my trip the other weekend and this, they are getting really used to having him around. (actually Monday and Tuesday were a bear because they really wanted their daddy home and he traveled both days)

It has been a crazy week taking care of 3 kids, but Steve has actually been trying to help out, so I feel pretty lucky to have him here.  I can't wait to get some pictures of Landon in his cute T-ball outfit.  

3 comments:

Kari said...

Sounds like it's been busy for you and hopefully you're looking forward to our girl weekend this week! I know I am! WICKED here we come!!!

amber said...

So you could easily come up with eleven things to remember about this pregnancy, but is that enough to say it will be the last? :0)

April said...

Such a cute blog! You have to know that you look fantastic! I wish I had looked as good as you when I was prego. Before you know it your little munchkin will be here and you'll forget all the pain you had... well, hopefully! heehee!! :)