Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Good to be missed!

So I made a little trip to my home state this last weekend.  Kindof a last hurrah before I am too big to go anywhere.  I was dearly missed!  The first morning I got a phone call from a weepy Landon that he just wanted his mommy home.  Daddy, always trying to make it sound better than it is, said they were great.  I got the truth in bits and pieces, but all in all they had their moments and they were overall good.  It is nice to be the one who is gone for a change.  So here is a list of the things I got to do while in AZ!

1.  Eat at Houston's (it has been a fav since I was young)
2. Have my teeth cleaned (to most this isn't a big deal, but I love Diane since she has been cleaning my teeth since I was 2!)
3. Have pizza a Raphaels (ok, so the decor isn't great, but my parents have eaten there since before me and they have the worlds best pizza!)
4. Finally get some maternity clothes (there is NOWHERE to shop here!)
5. Have dinner and shop with my daughter/friend/sister (she is all of the above to me) Chloe. Happy birthday sweetie!
6. Have Rainbow donuts
7.  Have Katie do my mani/pedi (are you seeing a trend that I have favorite people here!)
8. Have lunch, see a movie, and chat for hours with Corin
9. Have dinner and dessert with Summer (and loiter at Barnes and Noble so we can chat for hours in comfy chairs!)
10.  Have Hot Bagels
11. See Tiff, my friend who delivered a near 11 lb. bundle of love last month
12. Shoe shop at Nordstrom, and eat at the cafe
13. Have a Sprinkles cupcake
14. Smell the beautiful smells of AZ after it rains
15. Know I am somewhere that no matter what, I can never get lost
16. Rest my frazzled nerves, and know that no one is waiting for me to come home to do my momly duties and so I can visit for as long as I want with some of the dearest people in my life.  
I had such an amazing time there.  I needed the break.  I came home to a clean house, a grateful husband, flowers, gifts, vacuum lines, and sleeping children.  What more could a girl ask for.  Thank you Steve for always understanding that I need time to relax, and for making me feel like it was NO BIG DEAL.  Because I know it really was.  
Now back to reality, with screaming kids, traveling husband, separated pelvis and no rest for the weary.  Reality....is always bliss!!!!

2 comments:

Steph Weaver said...

Sounds like you had a much needed fun trip! I am envious, but hope to take one of those myself sometime soon. It is always nice to be missed!

Steph Weaver said...

ps...sorry I missed you! Next time you are in town we will have to get together for sure!