Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

With Valentine's Day being on a Saturday, I felt like I should make it special for all my boys.  I had planned on doing a simple, but fun, breakfast for the family.  I decided in my quest for not having the worlds lamest table setting, a trip to Target was in order to get some cute, yet inexpensive, stuff for a table setting.  It ended up being a hit for all my boys, and Landon and Cohen loved that there was candy for breakfast (see the little jars filled with candy hearts in the second picture?).  

We did heart shaped pancakes (which I cut out after I made them because I don't have a pancake form), fresh berries, and bacon.  It was really simple, but everyone loved it.  I had plastic plates, paper napkins, and the cheapest flowers I could find at the grocery store, but just having some color was cute.  This would totally not have been practical on a weekday, but I guess you only get weekend Valentine's day every 5 or 6 years.  I am so glad I made it fun. 







I tried to be really simple in my gift for Steve this year.  I had a hard time coming up with an idea, because everything paled in comparison to his gift last year ( a chipboard album, complete with the 10 things I love about him, pictures and love notes), but I decided to put together a few things I love about him.  It is amazing that after almost 11 years that I could have put way more than 101 things that I love in that little jar.  He loved it of course.  Some were serious, some were silly, but all were very much little bits of him that I love.
Steve had gone totally overboard when I was away last week on gifts and flowers for me, so my gifts were actually for the baby.  He is so cute.  He wanted me to know how excited he is for this new baby and so he went on a shopping spree for little tiny outfits for our little guy.  I knew he would never make me feel like I talked him into having this baby once we made the decision, but I always feel that little tinge of guilt when I am overwhelmed and I think he is totally saying "I told you we should have been done" to himself.  But he's not, and he shows me more and more how good of a thing this is the closer it gets.  Sniff, sniff.  I love you, babe!

Oh, and yes I am totally showing belly skin, no bra, and looking my nastiest again, but with 2 months to go, here is my HUGE belly in all its glory.  Hope everyone had a great Valentines day.  

No comments: