Sunday, January 25, 2009

Grandma Carter

Somehow, I didn't get one good shot of Grandma Carter while she was here with the boys.  We just put Grandma back on a plane after a fun 2 week visit.  She came to be here for Co's 3rd birthday and just to see her boys.  She has pretty much been here for almost every birthday of both of my boys and I think the only exception was Co's second birthday, because we were leaving for Hawaii a few days after and they were meeting us there.  There are too many things I could say about her that I could actually go on and on and bore everyone to death, but overall, I just wanted to remember how grateful I was that she was here.  I never get sick of her (which as far as house guests goes, is very rare!), she understands all my weird quirkiness and loves me anyway, she is the best listener, she adores my boys (even when they are sassy), she is a huge help around the house without making you feel like you don't do things good enough, you can ask her to help with anything and not feel bad for asking, she is good company and I know she is happy to be here.  I can't say enough how much I love her.  I am grateful the boys have a relationship with her and get to experience what having grandparents is all about.  I really wish that they lived close, but I think that it is even better sometimes, because when she is here, she stays with us, and we get her undivided attention.  We already miss her so much, and I always realize how much she does for me after she is gone, because somehow, my house always looks perfect when she is here and after she is gone, I realize no one picks up toys and clothes, but me and her!  We love you to pieces Grandma!  Thank you for loving our boys!

(Landon and Grandma on his 1st birthday)

3 comments:

Steph Weaver said...

You are so lucky to have a MIL like her...I have never met her, but you have always talked to highly of her! Especially to have a house guest and not get tired, I don't think that has happened in my life yet!

Look's like you threw a good party! Happy Birthday Cohen!!

amber said...

I love that picture of Landon- He is such a mini of him self! What a trip. You need to post more baby pictures of your kids for us that never saw them like that. That way we will have a better idea of what your new "big" bundle may look like.

Kari said...

I can totally relate on having a great mother-in-law! It really is so nice and so helpful! It sounds like you had a great time with her there. How are you holding up now that she's gone? We need to hang out again soon! Game night or something sounds fun!