Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Elf on the Shelf

The elf on the shelf was a fun addition to our Christmas traditions this year.  I had looked at the book and heard about the idea several times, but when Steve encouraged me to get it, I did.  Every night this elf "returned to report to Santa" then came back and was in a new hiding spot.  Early each morning the boys would get up and hunt for him.  Grey loved this and often he would go bursting out of a room, skipping, and shouting, "a welf, a welf" because he would remember one of the places he was hiding.  Often times when I carried him upstairs to put him down for naps he would point to 4 or 5 places and say "a welf, a welf".  He could remember just about every spot he'd been over the last month.  
I can't say that he was much for behavior modification, but it was a fun game.  I look forward to Welf, which he will be called from here on out, appearing each Christmas season.


No comments: