Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas has come and gone.  I wanted to remember just a few things before this wonderful day turns into a blur of a memory with a move just 2 days away.  
We started with our Christmas Eve tradition and had our nice family dinner and then opened our Christmas jammies.  We went to enjoy dessert and wonderful stories of our Savior and the spirit of Christmas with our dear friends the Hargadons.  It was a wonderful day.

 Christmas morning the kids actually slept in.  It helped keeping them up til 10.  Yikes!  Three hours past bedtime is a big NO NO for me, but they were all amazing.  The older boys peeked at the gift left by Santa and then we called them in to snuggle for a painful 45 minutes and wait for the baby to wake up and enjoy it with them.  They are so patient and amazing.  This is just before we let the caged animals out.
Their first look at what Santa brought.  We are so blessed.  It seems every year that we are able to do more than we should for our children.  Steve loves to spoil them and I know it is overkill sometimes, but when I look at the gifts, all I think about is how powerful the hand of the Lord is in our lives.  The abundance we have comes from Him.  And I will never forget that.
After we enjoyed looking and playing with the Santa gifts and looked through our stockings, we had a wonderful breakfast of crepes and bacon.  It is our tradition to fill our tummies first, so we can enjoy taking our time opening gifts.  
Some of the favorite gifts this year were scooters and football gear.  They were all adorable in their uniforms.  They all love football so much.  


 I was ready for bed and it struck me that I needed to write down the memories of these three sweet boys on this amazing day.  They all showed such gratitude for each gift opened.  Even Grey told me "So much.  Thanks Mom.  So much"  He was repeating after his brothers.  I love that they don't take what they have for granted.
 I love this time of year and am always slow to take down my decorations.  But tomorrow they all come down and I start the task of trying to be organized enough to have an army of strange people in my home, opening my cabinets and packing my belongings into boxes.
I am so grateful that we got to pretend all was normal today and enjoy things without feeling like our life is in disarray.  We are saving that for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kari said...

So glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas at home before all the moving began. Hope all went well with the move and that you guys are getting settled into your new home!! We will miss you guys tons! We will have to keep in touch for sure!