Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cal Bears game

A few weeks ago, Steve had tickets to a Cal vs. Oregon State football game.  Since he is able to get as many tickets as he wants through work, he decided we should make an event of it and invite some friends.  We headed to Berkley right after a soccer game.  Steve was so fun and got us all, even our friends, Cal Bears team jersey's and shirts.  He loves to go over the top whenever he does anything.  I love him dearly for that.  It made it so exciting for the kids.  We made a quick pit stop at Chick-fil-a, and then loaded all the kids in our car and made the drive.  
Grey was a monster at the game and Steve was ready to leave after the first half.  It didn't help that I left to use the restroom and get a snack for the kids and was gone an entire quarter.  It turned out to be quite an event to get cash, since I was unprepared and didn't have any.  The first ATM was broken.  I stood in that line at least 10 minutes.  Then the next one had a dozen people waiting to use it since there wasn't another one anywhere close.  Then while I waited in line, a kid who was inebriated on who knows what, would not leave his hands off me.  He was trying to hug me and hit on me.  It was so disgusting.  I have to say, I felt old.  I yelled at him and told him to keep his hands off me.  He pestered me the entire wait.  Miserable.  I will say, I am no longer flattered, or unaware of the massive attention I seemed to be attracting at the event. College guys are pigs!  
All in all, we had a fun adventure.  I am glad we chose the friends we did.  They are so fun to be with.  We stayed the night in Walnut creek and then looked at a house the next day.  It was a huge success, because that was the house we ended up picking to move to.  What a great weekend. 





No comments: