Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bedazzeled

So, since I have boys, I have to be careful what toys that I buy for them.  I am all about them being well rounded, but sometimes I think that I forget that they love things that may seem girly to most people.  I hesitated at first to buy this jewelry making set, but it is some of the best money I have spent.  We have spent countless hours making bracelets, necklaces, rings, etc.  They love the fact that they can create and recreate.  And for me, it is something that I can do with them for an extended amount of time and not get bored.  Don't get me wrong, I love trucks, blocks, superheros and sports, but I just don't know how to make good crashing sounds and don't know how to fight the bad guy.  
So, the other day, Landon wouldn't nap, so I spent some good one on one time with him.  This is what we decided to do.  Grey, Landon and I were bedazzeled from head to toe.  We had a blast.  Grey didn't seem to mind having stuff put all over him.  I highly recommend this fun snap together set by Parents.  We have even made a day of it, wearing our fancy jewelry to various places.  It is just that fun!





Notice the super cute toe ring?

3 comments:

Steph Weaver said...

Ellie just got that same set of beads for her birthday...BEST gift ever! It has been a couple weeks and still her favorite gift. And, my boys enjoy them too! We got them from a friend and I have checked 3 Targets looking for more, but haven't had any luck! Cute pictures...nothing wrong with boys making jewelry!

Steph Weaver said...

P.S...just noticing how much Grey has changed since I saw him! It is crazy how quick they change...very cute!

Kari said...

What a great idea! I love that you put them all over little Grey! what a little trooper! Where did you get that jewelry set? My kids would love that too!!