Friday, September 9, 2011

Donner Lake

 We took a quick trip to Donner Lake with some friends in the middle of August.  Steve had a rafting trip with the youth so I headed up there on Friday solo and Steve and his dad joined us for Saturday night and part of Sunday.  It was a nice trip.  Cat's niece Rachel, had been nannying for both of us all summer and came to help.  We were able to go for a run in the morning on Saturday before we headed to the beach.  Roman took the older boys fishing and hunting for crawdads.  Then the kids did some serious sand castle making with Rachel.  The next day we tried to do the hike down to Emerald bay, but it was so windy and cold we ended up just getting out and taking a few pictures and heading back to the cabin before cleaning up and heading home.  It was so nice of our friends to have our crazy family join them at their cabin.  It is one of the most beautiful locations I've ever seen right on the lake.

Post run, endorphin high, not sure what I was thinking wanting a picture.  It was just so beautiful on the lake.

My sweet girl with the crazy bedhead!







That was some serious wind.  I got quite a laugh when I saw Grey's hair.  SO funny!
I wonder why my back always hurts?!? Carrying the kiddos around I think I have a permanent curve in my back!

1 comment:

Steph Weaver said...

Glad you decided to go on this trip...it looks amazing!