Monday, October 4, 2010

First Day of School

I'll start with Cohen, because that is less complicated.  This year he is enjoying 3 day (MWF) all day pre-school.  He is back at Adventure and Mrs. Pearson is his teacher this year.  Not once has he looked back when I have gone to leave.  He was so excited for his first day and feels right at home.  His best buddy Mavrik is in his class again this year, and I know they are having a blast together.  He loves bringing his own lunch every day.  He loves that they take a 30 minute rest and he loves to be able to go home with my neighbor that I carpool with.  He feels like such a big boy and he is loving every minute of it.  


 Landon is a bit more complicated.  I couldn't decide what to do with him this year.  We gave the public school a whirl and well, we'll say that it just wasn't for us.  We were asked just 2 days before the public school started if Steve would take a job that would keep him solely in the Bay area.  My gut told me just to put him back in private school for the next few months, but I felt like I had to try public and see how it went.  He seemed to love it, but the enviornment and education at Adventure just can't be duplicated.  After the first two weeks we thought we would reassess while on vacation.  We went on our southern Cal trip and enrolled him back at Adventure when we got home.  He is loving every minute of it.  Mrs. Lewis is his teacher this year and there are many familiar faces in his class.  From computer lab, spanish, PE, science, art and music he is experiencing so much.  The other day he came home and said I put my hands at "asdf jkl;" when I use the keyboard.  So cute!
 I realized too late that I didn't get a first day pic for Adventure.  Oops.  This is through the window of his classroom.
 This was his first day at Twelve Bridges.  And yes, my baby is still in his jammies.  We don't pretend to be organized in the morning!

No comments: