Sunday, January 10, 2010

The home stretch

Steve has been gone for 7 days. He is on a cruise to some fabulous place called the Grand Turks. For many, many reasons, I couldn't go. He was required to, for work, because he was the host for his employees. My friends have been truly amazing to me this week. I have had so many people just be there for me. I survived. He will be home at midnight tonight. I can't wait to see him. My boys can't wait to see him. His presence is truly missed in our home. I always amaze myself when I am tested like this. The boys really stepped up this week, but I know that it was more than just them. Prayers are answered if we will just ask. Who knew three kids could be so easy! (it must have really been some good praying!)

1 comment:

Kari said...

Allison, I'm glad that you made it through your week and that Steve is coming home tonight. It is amazing how we are able to do more than what we think we can. I so don't miss those weeks when Mark used to travel.
He was on a cruise!! I can soo relate! Mark went on a 5 day cruise with work in November and I wasn't able to go either!
Anyways, you are such a great mom and always seem so calm. I don't know how you do it with a husband that travels! Please call me and let me know if I can help out in any way...or to just hang out! :)