Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween week

We have been SOOOOO busy lately. It seems like the beginning of this "holiday" season is starting with a bang. I forget how crazy this time of year is. I look forward to Landons' birthday, but Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and Cohens' birthday seem to follow in a mad panic sort of fashion. Pretty much every year Grandma Carter comes for Landons' birthday. She came this year, but Grandpa came as well. We went to Bishop's Pumpkin Farm, Apple Hill, Trunk or Treat at church, a soccer game and had actual Halloween. It was a crazy last few weeks. I am still sick and seem to have had a very short break and now am sick again. I don't have a voice right now from coughing so much. I was just going to post a few quick pictures, but decided I may as well post as many as I feel up .
Bishop's was fun this year. Landon was getting over his fever/illness and so we lasted just a little while before the fever was back. We were able to do all the fun things. My boys all loved the train ride and the hay ride. They picked great pumpkins and Cohen loved the pig race, but Grey thought the lady was too loud and cried most of the show. Overall it was fun, but with me being sick too, I am glad it was short.





Apple Hill was fun. I think it is such a beautiful part of NorCal. We were in hopes of picking apples with the boys this year, but it seems we were a week too late for that. They were picked out. We did do the pony rides, got apple donuts, apple cider, got carmel apples and just wandered around and saw some cute crafts and orchards.

Landon has been riding his new skateboard a lot lately. He is doing amazing and is loving it. He does things a little backward by peddling with his front foot, but he is so talented and can already turn and ride quite a ways. It is cute. Steve is so excited that the two of them will be able to go out and ride together soon.

Trunk or Treat was a little crazy. We did Apple Hill that same day, so I was really pooped out (seems to be a pattern here!). I had to rush home to make soup that I had signed up to bring and get the kids dressed. They were SO excited and had so much fun. They both started on their own this year without needing us to help. It is nice being in the same ward for a few years, because the boys are getting so comfortable and know so many people. We are so lucky to have so many great friends and to love our ward as much as we do. I went really simple on costumes. I borrowed Grey's (thanks Rach). It was the most amazing hand made lion costume. I reused Landon's lion costume for Co, and just bought a hat and whip for Landon and I had a lion tamer and two adorable lions.

Soccer was fun. Landon is growing so much. He is really enjoying being goalie and did particularly well playing defender on Saturday. We lost 4-3, but we put out a great effort. Man is it a lot of pressure having your kid play goalie! (I need to remember my camera!)

Halloween was a bit of a bust. Since the church event was the night before, the kids really had all the candy they needed. We carved pumpkins, but the kids weren't dying to get out. We dressed them up, again, and headed out to about 5 neighbors houses. Pretty much we just said "hi" to a few people, so we maybe went out for 20 minutes. We were all starving, so we headed to pizza. We were literally the only people in the whole place. It was perfect. We have had so much fun over the last few weeks. It is a bit of a blur, but it was fun. I can't believe Thanksgiving is just 3 weeks away.

Grey is pulling up on everything now. He is so confident. He is pulling up in his crib and stands up every time I try to put him down for a nap. The last week has been a bit of an adjustment for both of us. Today he pretty much played and napped all day. I sat and played with him a while, but he is so happy just crawling around and pulling up everywhere. I have to go rescue him from time to time when he bumps his head, but he loves being so mobile. He has already started to get in trouble and is pulling the moss out of my artificial trees, chewing on every shoe he finds, and getting in the dog bowls, but he is still just so much happier. It is amazing how fast he is getting at crawling. He is a sweetheart!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Love the pictures and updates! You guys have been busy and I totally know how you feel when this time of year hits with birthdays and holidays! It feels like one big whirlwind! Glad you guys were able to make it up to Apple Hill this year and that family picture is a really great pic. Love your cute lions and lion tamer too! That's awesome that you guys went out for pizza instead of trick-or-treating! Fun times!!