Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A week of Firsts

Last week both of the older boys started school. Landon started on Tuesday, and Cohen on Wednesday. It was nice to stagger it a little, so I could make each day special for them. Tuesday turned out to be an eventful morning. I think I could have planned every second of how I was going to do things to make sure I was going to leave on time, but you know that you shouldn't even try with a baby. As it turned out Cohen took a big fall that morning and as you can see from the pictures of his first day, that he was in pretty bad shape. I had to tell him to suck it up, because brother had to get to school and although he was gushing blood from the mouth, I needed to finish getting everything ready. We made it to school just as Landon's class was walking into the room. No time for a tearful goodbye from either of us. It was a long, long day without him, but what more could a mom ask for than a child happier upon pick-up than she had left. He absolutely loved his first day and his teacher said he fell into place without a hiccup. He loves his teacher and he loves the school he is at. He has tons of his friends from his class last year in his class again and he is making new friends, too. It was an adjustment, but I think we are going to have a great year.
Cohen did great on his first day. He wouldn't let me take his picture with his teacher, but he was happy to be back. Because we did half a year of school for him last year, we were able to get the same teacher for him this year. That was great for him because it is still an adjustment for him to be gone. By Monday he was in tears at drop off because he has realized we can do so many fun things since Landon is gone all day. I know he misses his brother, but he is having so much fun being able to play whatever he wants, and going fun places with me, that he isn't sure he wants to go to school. We worked it out and had a great first two weeks. I am so glad they are at this cute school and that they are enjoying the new year.

The thing I notice most about Landon is that his face is getting more mature. I don't always think so, but after looking at his picture from last year, he definitely is changing.
The bruiser. Co fell off the bed in my room and hit his face on the nightstand. He gashed his lip, but worst of all he flapped the gum tissue up above his front teeth. It was so sad and so gross. Poor guy! He really was a trooper, considering.

Grey also started rice cereal on Wednesday of last week. I didn't really think he would like it, but he LOVES it. It didn't change his sleeping, but he looks forward to his cereal each night. I had to hold his hands down and Steve was gone the first night I tried it, so there weren't too many good pictures, but he was sure adorable. I love this little, blue eyed, chunky monkey!

No comments: