Saturday, August 6, 2011

Blackberry Jam

We are so lucky to have these amazing blackberry bushes right across the street from our house.  For the last 3 weeks we have been picking handfuls of them and just eating them.  Papa Carter is in town and so is my friend Stephanie,  so we decided to do something special with the berries.  I have never made jam so we thought we would give it a shot.  We had so much fun and laughed a ton.  The jam turned out really good and our canning was a success.
I am excited to try and make a berry crisp and to do some more jam.  I wish Stephanie lived close, but we have really enjoyed seeing them over the last 2 weeks.  The kids have gotten along so well, and we have had a lot of good conversation and good laughs.










We both took pictures with my camera that day.  When I loaded them on my computer, between the two of us, we had taken like 20 pictures of the jam jars.  Hilarious!

1 comment:

Steph Weaver said...

We had such a great time! You are the best hostess! And, my kid's wish we lived next door to you!