Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Garth in Vegas

  Sometime during Steve's weeks away, I decided that I wanted to watch some of Oprah's last season.  On one show, she featured Garth and talked a little about his concert in Vegas.  We had some friends that went, but they had made it sound like we wouldn't be able to get tickets.  EVER!  They said it was sold out and so did Oprah.  It was nearing Christmas time and I thought, well, I just want to see when at how much tickets would be if we could ever get some.  Somehow, there were tickets available for the very next week, and in the 3rd row no less.  I looked at all the shows and most had a ticket in the very back of the auditorium, but all tickets were the same price.  How could I pass it up?  I called and asked my beloved friend who is always up for watching my kids, and a week later we got on a plane and took a 24 hour trip to Vegas.  The concert was amazing.  We had a blast just hanging out the 2 of us for a day and night.  And now, if Garth really never does another concert, at least we can say we saw him this once.  He is an amazing entertainer and his sweet wife Trisha performed 2 songs as well.  We ate at our favorite crepe place, Jean Phillilpe, and stayed in the new City Center, Aria hotel (featured last week on my favorite show!).  
I always hated Vegas.  I felt the same as so many about it being a dirty city, both in looks and content.  But, after my 30th birthday, when Steve sent me to Vegas to enjoy all it had to offer, I fell in love.  I love the shows, the shopping, the unique things to do, and of course, it has great food.  I would hate to go with no plan, but if you know where you are going and plan it out, you don't have to be a part of the filth.  I will forever love this city for the fun it has to offer!






 NO cameras during the show, but this is with my iphone just before he started.
 The crepes and cakes are amazing at the Jean Phillipe pastry place.  I thought this castle would be perfect for my little girls' first birthday.  It couldn't be more than $35, could it?

No comments: